You can transfer money to or from your NWCU accounts. Our External Transfer service allows you pull funds from another institution to your NWCU accounts or transfer money from NWCU to another institution at no extra cost, all within eBanking!
This is an easy, convenient way to:
- Prevent overdrafts from future bill payments
- Send funds to cover payments with other institutions
- Build your savings account
Note: External Transfers can only be used to transfer money to and from a savings or checking account, and you must be an account owner on the account you are linking to NWCU.
How to Set Up External Transfers
Before you can transfer money outside NWCU, you'll need to set up external accounts.
To begin, you’ll click on Add External Transfer button on the left-hand side of your eBanking. On the Add External Transfer page:
- Enter the routing and account number for the account you’d like to pull money from or send money to.
- Within 2 business days, test deposits will appear on the external account.
- Once the test deposits are received by your other institution, go to Verify External Accounts from the online banking menu and enter the amounts of the test deposits to verify the account.
Once the account is verified, you can set up one-time or recurring transfers to send money from NWCU or transfer money into your NWCU savings or checking account(s).
How to Transfer Funds
When you’re logged into eBanking, follow these steps to transfer funds:
- Select Transactions from the menu.
- Select Funds Transfer. You’ll be able to see both NWCU and external accounts under the From and To fields.
- Choose which account you'd like to transfer the funds from and which account you'd like the funds to go to.
- Enter the date you'd like the transfer to happen and include a memo if you'd like.
- Select Transfer Funds.
If you’d like to make your transfer a recurring transaction, check the box next to the Amount field that says, “Make this a recurring transaction.”
Another way to quickly transfer money is to click or tap on the 3 dot menu in specific account: this allows you to transfer money quickly from that account when you select Quick Transfer. Choose the account you'd like to transfer money to and then Transfer Funds. Clicking on the Advanced Options link will take you to the full Funds Transfer page.
When you send money from your NWCU account to another financial institution, the funds are withdrawn from your account on the date that you selected on the Transfer Funds screen.
For all questions in regards to transfers, call us at (800) 452-9515 or visit your local branch.