Welcome to Uncommon
Most Oregonians qualify for Northwest Community membership. You can become a member for life as long as you, or a relative, live or work in one of 15 Oregon counties listed below. Your relative can be a grandparent, parent, spouse, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, aunt, uncle, or domestic partner.
Counties we serve
NWCU Membership Benefits
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, Northwest Community Credit Union is member-owned and managed, and has been for all 70 years we've been in operation. What does this mean to you?
- We measure our success through member satisfaction, not profits.
- Earnings return to members in the form of better rates and fewer fees.
- We are deeply invested in our communities and their well-being.
- Financial statements are transparent and shared monthly.
Here's another perk: exclusive discounts for members using our NWCU Benefits App!
As a credit union, we offer everything a bank does and much more!
Joining is Easy
You can also join by:
- visiting one of our branches
- giving us a call at (800) 452-9515
What You'll Need to Open an Account
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
To open an account at Northwest Community Credit Union, you’ll need:
- Valid government-issued photo ID. Either one government-issued ID (like a driver’s license, photo ID card, military ID, or passport), tribal ID card (from federally recognized tribes). ID cards can't be expired or temporary interim cards.
- Proof of current address. If your current address is on your ID card, you’re all set! If not, you can provide credible proof of address with mailed documents (like a utility bill), rental or mortgage contract, last month’s paystub, a university transcript for current term, mortgage document.
- Your Social Security Number. If you’re a parent opening up an account with your child, you’ll also need your child’s physical SSN card.
- One-time Membership Fee. You'll only need $10 to open your account.
- For more specific information, or to confirm whether your identification documents are acceptable, please stop by a branch or call (800) 452-9515.
Are you an SEIU member?
Welcome Service Employees International of the State of Oregon! Follow the prompts to apply online.
Read our Membership and Account Agreement, which includes our Funds Availability Policy.