Welcome to Uncommon
Northwest Community Credit Union helps our neighbors thrive by providing time and resources to local programs and organizations that make a difference in the lives of our members. We believe what truly makes us uncommon is that we are so much a part of the communities we serve. Read more about what we do in our communities.
Most Oregonians qualify for Northwest Community membership. You can become a member for life as long as you, or a relative, live or work in one of 15 Oregon counties listed below. Your relative can be a grandparent, parent, spouse, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, aunt, uncle, or domestic partner.
|Counties We Serve|
NWCU Membership Benefits
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, Northwest Community Credit Union is (and has always been) member-owned and managed. What does this mean to you?
- We measure our success through member satisfaction, not profits.
- Earnings return to members in the form of better rates and fewer fees.
- We are deeply invested in our communities and their well-being.
- Financial statements are transparent and shared monthly.
Here's another perk: exclusive discounts for members using our NWCU Benefits App!
As a credit union, we offer everything a bank does and much more!
Joining is Easy
If you're new to NWCU and you're opening an account without any other members, apply online!
If you'd like to open an account with other members (joint owners or access) or you're an existing member, use this online application:
You can also join by:
- visiting one of our branches
- giving us a call at (800) 452-9515
What You'll Need to Open an Account
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
To open an account at Northwest Community Credit Union, you’ll need:
- Valid government-issued photo ID. Either one government-issued ID (like a driver’s license, photo ID card, military ID, or passport), tribal ID card (from federally recognized tribes). ID cards can't be expired or temporary interim cards.
- Proof of current address. If your current address is on your ID card, you’re all set! If not, you can provide credible proof of address with mailed documents (like a utility bill), rental or mortgage contract, last month’s paystub, a university transcript for current term, mortgage document.
- Your Social Security Number. If you’re a parent opening up an account with your child, you’ll also need your child’s physical SSN card.
- One-time Membership Fee. You'll only need $10 to open your account.
- For more specific information, or to confirm whether your identification documents are acceptable, please stop by a branch or call (800) 452-9515.
Want to refer a friend?
Everything's better with your friends! Refer a friend to NWCU and you'll both get $50 if they open a checking account!*
*Credit Union membership and new consumer checking account required. Minimum balance to open and receive $50 gift is: $50 for Northwest Checking, Northwest Secure Checking, Essential Checking, or Executive Checking. Limit of one $50 gift per new member. $50 gift paid when account is opened and may be reported on a 1099 tax form. Please see the checking rates for Annual Percentage Yield (APY) APY is subject to change. The membership must remain open and be in good standing at the time the bonus is paid, which is on the 61st day after account opening. New members must deposit $5 in the share savings at account opening, but there are no other account opening minimums or balance requirements for this promotion. Fees may reduce earnings. Federally insured by NCUA.
Read our Membership and Account Agreement, which includes our Funds Availability Policy.