As a NWCU member, you entrust us with your personal information, and we don’t take this lightly.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information is protected. Should we request or you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that information will only be used in accordance with this Security Statement.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.
The following Website Security Statement applies to NWCU.com and governs data collection and usage.
Information that NWCU Automatically Collects
When you access our website, www.nwcu.com, information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by NWCU, including:
- IP address
- browser type
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
This information is used for the operation of the NWCU website, to maintain quality of the website service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of NWCU.com.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you expressly choose to provide such information (such as using online banking or applying for an account).
When using a mobile device, we may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions). We require access to Images taken by the device's camera to support Mobile Remote Deposit functionality. The Camera Setting can be disabled by the user.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website you are visiting indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. NWCU.com is not configured to honor “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
Collection of Personal Information
In order to use certain services of our website, such as online banking, you must first enroll. During enrollment, you are required to provide personal information to access the service. Your information will not be shared.
We may at times request and you may choose to provide the following personal information:
- name and job title
- street address
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postal code, age, gender and preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- any other information you provide
Use of your Personal Information
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms, we will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide.
We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to NWCU, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and keep your data secure.
We may also use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- Periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may provide your information to our trusted partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website and eBanking are protected through the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and encryption, allowing sensitive information to transmit safely and securely. Visitors to NWCU.com can ensure even greater protection by keeping their web browsers and anti-virus protection up to date.
The NWCU website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the NWCU sites you visit.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used a link to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any third party website.
We use a tool called Google Analytics to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve this site.
Google Analytics does not collect your name or other identifying information; it collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with any of your personally identifiable information.
Display Advertising and Interest-Based Advertising Disclosure
NWCU implements the following Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We utilize these services to serve more relevant ad experiences across the web based on previous visits to our website.
- We may use third-party service providers to advertise online. Which means third-party service providers, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Northwest Community Credit Union and third-party service providers, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the AdWords cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- Northwest Community Credit Union and third-party service providers, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to serve more relevant ad experiences across the web – based on previous visits to our website.
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
- You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting. To do so, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices and set your data collection and ad preferences.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by stating your desired restriction of our use of your personal information.
You can notify us of your wishes by:
- Submitting a contact form on our website. Please do not include any personal information such as social security number or account numbers when submitting the form.
- Calling us at (800) 452-9515.
- Writing us a letter at the address below.
- Coming in to any branch.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Northwest Community Credit Union
PO Box 10607
Eugene, OR 97440
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires operators of commercial websites that use or disclose personal information collected from children under the age of 13 obtain parental consent before collecting information.
Northwest Community Credit Union does not collect information about children under the age of 13.
For additional information on COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.