Do your banking anytime, anywhere with eBanking.
Access your account and conduct simple transactions on your computer, tablet, or your smartphone when you enroll in eBanking.
eBanking allows you to:
- check your balances
- transfer money between accounts, banks, or friends
- view eStatements
- pay bills
- set up text, email, or phone alerts for your accounts
How to enroll in eBanking:
You will need your member number and the last 4 of your SSN for first access. You can enroll on the website or using our app.
Enrolling via Website
- Click on the eBanking login button at the top of every page on NWCU.com.
- Then click on the "Never used eBanking?" link.
- Fill out the form and click "Continue."
- Follow the prompts to sign up.
Enrolling via App
- Create a username.
- Watch for your temporary access code by phone, text, or email.
- The temporary access code is not your new password. It is an additional of layer of security to our eBanking system. This code expires upon use or after 20 minutes. Note: if your phone or email has recently changed contact us during Member Connect business hours at (800) 452-9515.
- Set up your eBanking password.
- If you wish, you may register additional devices or browsers with unique temporary access codes.
eBanking Password Requirements:
- 8 characters
- 1 capital letter
- 1 number
- Can't use your last 5 passwords
Download our Mobile App
Download our mobile app on Apple or Android for even more convenience. The mobile app allows you to check your balances, transfer money between accounts, see eStatements and deposit checks! Our mobile app also allows you different login options, include touch authentication, so you can skip the temporary access codes!
You're Signed Up. Now What?
Once you're enrolled in eBanking, you're ready to check balances, transfer money, pay bills, and more!
Read our Guide to Using Your eBanking
Read our Electronic Services Agreement.