As of April 5, 2022, VISA accounts previously designated as a default method for covering overdrafts will no longer be available.
If this method to cover overdrafts is your current designation, please choose a new method to manage overdrafts. Request these changes to your account by visiting a branch or calling (800) 452-9515.
Why are we making this change? The costs associated with fees for Visa card cash advances, in combination with overdraft fees due to insufficient funds in your spending account can create a financial burden during a cash shortfall—and in some cases, can make the cascade of charges and fees worse. We have better options!
Managing Overdraft Options:
- Designate a savings account as a source to cover any future overdraft transfers.
- Plan to directly purchase with your credit card—avoids overdraft fees and the high cost of advancing cash from a credit card. This works for recurring subscriptions as well.
- Maintain a line of credit for this purpose (a line of credit is not subject to the credit card cash advance costs).
- Check your balances frequently with your NWCU app or in online banking. Set account alerts for text, email, or automated phone call so you're notified when it changes.
- Ask us how Overdraft Advantage works. This service is included in your membership.
Schedule Your Branch Appointment
Find your nearest branch calendars and schedule an appointment here or from the "Make An Appointment" button at NWCU.com.