Project Community: Helping Classrooms
Project Community is Northwest Community Credit Union’s annual mini-grant program dedicated to helping educate youth in the communities we serve.
Educators, nominate your school or classroom for a 2021 Project Community award.
Project Community awards provide funding to schools dedicated to educating Pre-K through 12th grade youth. These mini-grants are designed to help educators create meaningful learning experiences for kids that might not otherwise be funded by school budgets. From requests for classroom supplies, technology, or books, to funding for classroom projects, programs, or field trips - we would like to hear what you need to engage and educate your students.
Submissions will be accepted September 15 through October 18, 2021.
Submit a request for funding by telling us about the materials/resources you need to support educating your students. Describe the need, why it is needed, and how a $1,500 Project Community award would enhance or enable this.
Submission Eligibility and Criteria
We'll be giving away a total of 40 awards for $1,500 each.
- Schools must be located in one of the following counties: Benton, Clackamas, Coos, Crook, Deschutes, Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Lane, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Washington
- Grant requests should be for specific items/resources needed to engage students and facilitate learning.
- Submission must clearly show how NWCU’s support will directly impact the education of youth.
- Project completion should take place during the 2021–2022 academic year.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Credit union membership not required.
The following are not eligible:
- Requests from organizations or programs outside counties we serve
- Requests for fundraising or sponsorship
- Funding for staffing or staff professional development/training
- Funding for incentives or rewards
- Funding for capital improvements to school buildings or grounds
- Submissions will be accepted September 15 - October 18, 2021
- We will review submissions
- We will draw and notify winners in November 2021
Review and Selection Process
Submissions will be approved based on whether they meet the eligibility & criteria above. We will draw two winners in each county we serve. Award winners will be asked to share photos of the purchase or project in use with students, as available or permitted.