Skip to main content

Payment Extensions

Need some extra cash this month?

Consider requesting a payment extension (also known as Skip-A-Pay or skip payment). This allows you to skip a monthly payment and moves out your final payment by one month instead of adding the payment to your final payment. No unpleasant surprises or balloon payments here!

The following products are eligible for payment extensions:

  • Autos, Boats, RVs, Motorcycles, Personal Collateral loans
  • Personal One Time Advances
  • Consumer Business Loans of the same types as above
  • Share-Secured Loans
  • CD-secured loans

Ineligible loan products include:

  • All lines of credit
  • All real estate-secured loans
  • Commercial loans
  • Loans that have been modified
  • All credit card products
  • Northwest Cash & Northwest Cash Plus
  • Re-write loans
  • Loan advisor loans
  • Collection loan rewrites

How to request a Payment Extension in eBanking:

Please give us a call or send us a secured message in eBanking to request payment extensions for these loans.

  1. Log in to your eBanking
  2. Choose Services on the left-hand side
  3. Select Skip-A-Pay
  4. You’ll see which of your loans are eligible for a Payment Extension
  5. Select the loan you’d like to skip
  6. Choose which account you’d like the fee to come from
  7. Once you’ve completed your request, you’ll see your next due date

Payment Extensions requested through eBanking are instantly applied. Extensions requested at a branch or on the phone can take up to 2 business days to be applied to your account.

Note: If you have Auto Pay, request your Payment Extension 7 days in advance to ensure it’s applied before your payment is withdrawn.


Certain restrictions apply. To qualify for a Payment Extension, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Must be a member in good standing, all loans and accounts are current and positive
  • Loan has to have had a full 12 months’ worth of payments for your first year
  • No modifications for a full 12 months
  • Must have insurance, if required of your loan agreement