Whether you’re finally making your small business dreams into reality or you need some help getting to that next level with your small business, NWCU is here to help you.
In addition to business savings, checking, credit cards, and lending option, we’ve also got several products and services to help you when it comes to your small business.
Starting Your Small Business
If you’re just getting started setting up a small business, there’s so much to think of! Tax ID numbers, LLCs, the list can get overwhelming.
We’ve partnered with MyCorporation® to get you everything you need to get started with business filings and registrations. MyCorporation can help you with:
- Getting a Doing-Business-As (DBA) Name. A sole proprietor can operate under a name other than their legal name which can have many benefits, including added credibility and professionalism, as well as level of separation or anonymity. Filing a DBA also means a sole proprietor can open up a separate bank account under the business name (requirements vary), allowing your customers to make payments to the business itself, instead of to you personally.
- Incorporating Your Business as an LLC or Corporation. Forming your business into a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or corporation allows you to protect your personal assets and may help you save money on taxes. MyCorporation can highlight the difference between corporations and LLCs, as well as offer you the ability to learn about and choose which kind of corporation might work best for your business (C-Corp, S-Corp, B-Corp, Non-Profit, etc.).
- Obtaining an EIN Tax ID. An Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Federal Tax ID, is a unique number assigned to your business by the Internal Revenue Service that is used to identify a business entity, allowing you to file business income tax returns. You’ll need one of these if you’re planning to hire employees or build a credit profile for your business.
- Get an Operating Agreement. An Operating Agreement is an agreement among LLC members about its business and the rights and duties of its members. It can clearly outline the details of your business and may help protect your personal assets, as well. No matter what method you choose to form your business, an operating agreement is an important asset and the foundation of any LLC.
Give us a call at (800) 452-9515 or visit any branch to learn how we can set you up with all you need.
Growing Your Small Business
Owning a business can be demanding—from tracking inventory to taking orders to supervising employees and everything in between! NWCU has teamed up with First Data to bring you Clover®, which can help with business management and payment solutions. Whether you have just one store or a growing franchise, Clover can help you transform your business. Clover can help with:
- Accepting more types of payments, including chip cards or mobile wallets like Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay®
- Protecting your business and your customers from fraud with built-in security
- Loyalty and rewards programs
- Managing inventory
- Employee scheduling
- Employee payroll
- And more!
Clover also includes Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems, which give you several options:
- Clover Go: All-in-one contactless, chip and swipe card reader that wirelessly pairs with a mobile device.
- Clover Flex: Accept payments tableside, in-line, on the floor, or off premises with this handheld portable POS. Includes: Built-in receipt printer, camera, and QR scanner in a single device.
- Clover Mini: Compact, countertop system with full-scale POS functionality that can connect to cash drawer.
- Clover Station: All-in-one countertop, POS and business management system that enables you to run your business efficiently.
- Clover Virtual Terminal: Start taking payments with no hardware.
To see how Clover can help your business and get started, give us a call at (800) 452-9515 or visit any branch!