To provide you with everything you need for your business to grow, Northwest Community Credit Union (NWCU) partners with First Data to bring you Clover® services.
What are Merchant Services?
Merchant services usually refer to services that most businesses need:
- Credit card and mobile wallet processing
- Gift card and loyalty programs
- Check guarantee and recovery services
- Point-of-sale (POS) systems
- Service and support
- ATM sales and service
- Payroll services
- Inventory management
Credit card processing is the ability for a business to accept credit cards as a form of payment and to have that money directly deposited into the business’ NWCU checking account. These card types may include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express (AMEX). This can also cover mobile wallets such as Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay®.
What’s a Point-of-Sale (POS) System?
POS systems are the software and machines that take the card payments. Clover has several options for your business:
- Clover Go: An all-in-one contactless chip and swipe card reader that wirelessly pairs with a mobile device.
- Clover Flex: This includes a build-in receipt printer, camera, and QR code scanner in one device for a portable POS that allows you to accept payments anywhere.
- Clover Mini: A compact countertop system that has full-scale POS functionality. This can connect to a cash drawer.
- Clover Station: An all-in-one countertop POS and business management system; can connect to a cash drawer and help you run your business efficiently.
- Clover Virtual Terminal: This allows you to start taking payments with no hardware at all.
How Can I Sign Up for Clover?
If you are interested in credit card processing or other merchant services from Clover, give us a call at (800) 452-9515 or visit any branch to get started.
How long does setup take?
The application process can take as little as 20 minutes, and we’ll help you through it. It takes about four days to receive a POS device after you’ve signed the application. The device is ready to be used that same day.
How long does it take to receive the funds in your account?
Funds are deposited in your account within 48 hours of the batch. Most of the time, you’ll receive funds the same day.
How does Clover compare with Square?
Square is a commonly known payment processing company that you’ve probably seen multiple businesses use. Square is usually an option for the non-traditional merchant who sells at farmer’s markets and craft fairs, or merchants that transact less than $5,000 a month. Clover can offer you as many options as Square can, often with fewer fees.
We know that each business is unique and requires its own specific services. Please feel free to contact us for more information by (800) 452-9515, visiting our branches to discuss what your business needs and move forward in getting your own card processing system established.