To provide you with everything you need for your business to grow, Northwest Community Credit Union (NWCU) partners with Clover® for merchant services.
What are Merchant Services?
Merchant services usually refer to services that most businesses need:
- Credit card, debit card, and mobile wallet processing
- Gift card and loyalty programs
- Check guarantee and recovery services
- Point-of-sale (POS) systems
- Service and support
- ATM sales and service
- Payroll services
- Inventory management
Credit card processing is the ability for a business to accept credit cards as a form of payment and to have that money directly deposited into the business’ NWCU checking account. These card types may include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express (AMEX). This can also cover mobile wallets such as Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay®.
What’s a Point-of-Sale (POS) System?
POS systems are the software and machines that take the card payments. Clover has several options for your business:
- Clover Go: An all-in-one contactless, chip, and swipe card reader that wirelessly pairs with a mobile device.
- Clover Flex: Accept payments tableside, in line, on the floor, or off premises with this handheld portable POS. Includes: built in receipt printer, camera, and QR scanner in a single device.
- Clover Mini: Compact, countertop system with full scale POS functionality that can connect to cash drawer.
- Clover Station: All-in-one countertop, POS and business management system that enables you to run your business efficiently.
- Clover Station Pro: Our fastest, most customer engaging POS built for speed, simplicity and security.
- Clover Virtual Terminal: Start taking payments with no hardware.
How Can I Sign Up for Clover?
If you are interested in credit card processing or other merchant services from Clover, give us a call at (800) 452-9515 or visit any branch to get started.
How long does setup take?
The application process can take as little as 20 minutes, and we’ll help you through it. It takes about four days to receive a POS device after you’ve signed the application. The device is ready to be used that same day.
How long does it take to receive the funds in your account?
Funds are deposited in your account within 48 hours of the batch. Most of the time, you’ll receive funds the same day.
How does Clover compare with Square?
Square is a commonly known payment processing company that you’ve probably seen multiple businesses use. Square is usually an option for the non-traditional merchant who sells at farmer’s markets and craft fairs, or merchants that transact less than $5,000 a month. Clover can offer you more options than Square can, often with fewer fees. Clover also offers 24/7 customer support, fingerprint security, 4G/LTE backup connectivity, and hundreds of apps and services allowing you to build the system you need no w and expand as you grow.
We know that each business is unique and requires its own specific services. Please feel free to contact us for more information by (800) 452-9515, visiting our branches to discuss what your business needs and move forward in getting your own card processing system established.