Our Board of Directors is made of members who lend their managerial and financial expertise to help guide the direction and mission of the credit union. Most adult members of Northwest Community may run for election for a three-year term on the board of directors.
Run for the Board of Directors
What does a board member do?
Board members are responsible for setting policies, approving budgets, and helping to direct strategic planning. They evaluate operations and maintain financial performance standards for the credit union. They are also responsible for appointing the credit union's President/CEO, who reports directly to the Board.
Who can be a board member?
Candidates must be:
- members in good standing with the credit union who are eligible to vote in credit union elections and at membership meetings;
- willing to agree to a criminal background check and a credit check;
- willing to agree to the credit union’s code of ethics policy;
- not be employed by the Credit Union or any subsidiary during the past one year;
- be 21 years of age or older.
How long does each Board Member serve?
Terms are for three years. Board members typically devote a minimum of approximately 6 – 8 hours per month to credit union business, including attending monthly Board meetings at our headquarters in Eugene. Additional time is required to gather information and maintain training and professional development related to financial regulation and the operations of credit unions.
What are the benefits of being a Board Member?
You’ll be a representative voice for your fellow members, and have a direct say in the overall direction of the credit union. You gain knowledge and experience about the running of a financial institution, strategic planning, and about the credit union movement. Board members may also attend conferences and seminars on credit union topics in various locations throughout the country. It is a great way to become part of a unique organization that affects the financial lives of thousands of members.
How can I apply to become a Board Member?
To nominate yourself for the board, you must provide the following:
- A resume
- A letter of interest
- Three personal references
Mail your resume, letter of interest, and personal references to:
ATTN: NWCU Nominating Committee
P.O. Box 10607
Eugene, OR 97440
Dates & Deadlines for 2018:
- Candidate declaration Deadline: January 19, 2018
- Petition candidate deadline: February 4, 2018
- List of candidates finalized: February 28, 2018
- Voting (if required): March 1 - 18, 2018
- Annual Meeting: March 21, 2018
Notice of Director & Supervisory Committee Compensation
Northwest Community Credit Union (NWCU) has established a Compensation Policy to provide reasonable expectation for the duties of its Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, and Chair/Executive and ALCO representatives. Read about this important change, and see last year's compensation.