We know that buying a home for the first time is a daunting process. How do you find a home that’s right for you? How do you know how much you can spend? What is a mortgage, anyway? You don’t know what you don’t know!
This is why NWCU has created a special First-Time Homebuyer Program to help you through the process of buying your first home. This special program allows you to get a leg up on many of the things that first-time homebuyers struggle with, like down payments and fees.
"This program is really a great blessing to our family." -Jen, a member since 2021
"It's a blessing to be approved of a loan to which initially, was only intended as an inquiry on my part. Never thought we will qualify already to this amount of loan this quick. The process was so smooth, everything is systematic, the requirements are doable and never had difficulty providing any of it. We thought we will count years before we can have the house in our name but this program is really a great blessing to our family. We are immigrants who left our all and started all over again here, and to be approved of this loan and to finally have a house that we can call our own is really a huge gift to us and it’s life changing! One of the best moments of our lives! We feel so lucky! Thank you NWCU! Will forever be grateful." - Jen F., a member since 2021
What This First-Time Homebuyer Program Can Offer You
Our program offers several benefits:
- 100% financing
- No down payment needed
- No private mortgage insurance. Yes, really!
- Reduced loan origination fees
- Local lending
Plus, a few extra perks:
- Our first-time homebuyer program allows you to get 100% financing for a single-family home or up to 90% financing for an owner occupied 2-unit home (like a duplex), with only 10% down payment required.
- We allow an unlimited seller credit.
How to Take Advantage of NWCU's First-Time Homebuyer Program
You're eligible for our first-time homebuyer program if you:
- Have not owned a home in the past 3 years
- Have a minimum FICO score of 680
- Are looking for a loan amount up to $726,200.
If you fit the bill, you can apply online: